Since opening its doors in 1957, thousands of people throughout the area have given their time and talents as team members at Southeast Alabama Medical Center. We are one of the largest employers in the region. We are always looking for dedicated patient care professionals to join our team.
Healthcare is a special industry in many ways. Our employees care for individuals who are ill or injured and in a weakened state . We also consider it our responsibility to help our community improve its health.Working at SAMC
Find a career at SAMC. Welcome to our employment section. Here you can view our current job openings and apply online for the positions of greatest interest to you. SAMC is an equal opportunity employer.Employment Information
Whether you're a recent graduate looking for your first nursing job or an experienced professional seeking a new challenge, we want to help you achieve your career goals and enjoy a rewarding work experience.
Our volunteers are true stars. They are exceptional individuals who want to make a difference in another person's life. They help in countless ways and serve in departments all over the hospital.
The care we deliver is only as good as the people who deliver it. Just as we're passionate about caring for our patients, we're equally passionate about the individuals who make up the SAMC team.
- You must be 18 years or older and tobacco-free to work at SAMC.
- We are always seeking dedicated, compassionate individuals who want to experience the personal and professional rewards of working in a challenging, growth-oriented environment.
- Being a member of the SAMC team means using and expanding your skills while making decisions that enhance the health and customer service experience of our patients, their families and our visitors.
- Our standards of excellence create opportunities for you to continue in your area of specialty, or obtain training and education that allow you to take your skills in a new direction.
When applying for jobs at SAMC, please remember:
- Applications should be submitted for each position of interest.
- Your application is connected to the position you are applying for. We DO NOT accept "open ended" or non-specific applications.
- Applications are kept in the active file for six months.
A Note On Licensure: To practice as a clinician in the State of Alabama, you must have authorization from the appropriate licensing program. Transfers and new graduates are welcome to apply; we will be happy to consider your application for employment while your license is being processed.
Search now and apply for available positions at SAMC
SAMC encourages lifelong learning and to assist employees we offer a variety of educational opportunities and programs.
Our Training and Development department facilitates:
- Computer skills classes (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and E-mail)
- Emergency cardiac care classes
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Neonatal Advanced Life Support (NALS)
- NetLearning is SAMC's e-learning system. All employees are required to complete the core modules on an annual basis, and there are more than 40 additional modules employees may "enroll" in and complete at no charge.
- The Alabama Board of Nursing allows nurses to count e-learning modules as active hours.
- Tuition assistance is available to qualified employees working toward a degree program (continuing education not included).
- Employees must complete their 90-day orientation period and work .5 FTE or more to be qualified.
- There is a two-track assistance system:
- Track I – for any college degree
- Track II – the medical track (Nursing, Pulmonary, Sleep Study, Radiology, Pharmacy, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, etc.).
- SAMC will assist with two courses per quarter. Assistance is based on grades (A, B, C, Pass or Satisfactory).
"Cornerstone" is a leadership training program delivered in a story-based format in NetLearning modules.
- Part 1 - reviewing lessons in modules and passing the attached concept tests.
- Part 2 – completing the competency requirements through manager verification or attendance at the Cornerstone Lab.
To learn more about educational opportunities and programs at SAMC, contact Training & Development at 334-793-8008.