- Southeast Cancer Center
- Heart & Vascular
- Women's Services
- Neurospine Center
- Medical Services
- Rehabilitation Services
- Pain Management Center
- Patients & Visitors
- About Us
Southeast Alabama Medical Center's (SAMC) serves the trauma care needs of the region by offering quality emergency services 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Housed in a 27,000 square foot building, SAMC's Emergency Services Department, comprises of 32 patient beds with specialized treatment rooms for minor surgery, eye exams, major trauma and resuscitation, and victims of sexual assault. Through the years, SAMC has been a pacesetter in emergency department staffing and operations, in order to provide the most effective emergency care to patients. Evaluating more than 57,000 patients annually, which averages 150-200 patients daily, SAMC continues to make strides in patient care. We have reduced the Emergency Department wait time significantly by implementing rapid cycle testing and a throughput initiative, which began in May 2007.
Our state of the art emergency facilities feature:
- Private patient triage areas
- Comfortable treatment rooms
- An express unit to treat minor illness and injury
- Bedside admission
- The latest monitoring and imaging equipment
- Board-certified emergency medicine physicians providing 24-hour coverage
- On-call physician support to ensure the availability of additional specialists as needed
- Skilled, experienced staff trained in emergency medicine
The majority of SAMC's emergency department patients are treated and discharged; however, if you require hospital admission or a surgical procedure following your visit, be assured you will receive quality, compassionate care at SAMC. For more information about our emergency department, call 334-712-3336 or 1-800-735-4498.
As always, in case of emergency, dial 911.