Direct anterior hip replacement can offer patients a shorter hospital stay, less pain after surgery and a faster recovery time.
The Direct Anterior Approach is a minimally invasive technique used in hip replacement surgery that is becoming more popular because of several potential patient benefits including:
• Less pain and faster recovery time because muscles are not cut or detached from either hip or thigh bones during operation
• More stability of the hip implant because muscles are kept intact
• Fewer restrictions during recovery allows many patients more freedom of movement after surgery
• Reduced scarring because of single small incision
• Locally performed by experienced, successful orthopaedic surgeons